The mission of Royal Signs Interpreting Agency is to tear down the communication barrier between the Deaf and Hearing and Hearing communities by:
- Providing quality interpreting and captioning services.
- Providing high quality American Sign Language instruction including Deaf culture etiquette and assisting businesses in the transitioning phases of becoming 100% Deaf friendly.
- Preparing professional interpreters who are competent, ethical, and life-long learners.
- Providing education in regards to the laws that provision sign language interpreting as well as the legal rights of the Deaf community.
Read more about our services here.
Our interpreters are state permitted or nationally certified and possess the skills and knowledge to successfully complete each interpreting assignment. We meticulously match the strengths of our interpreters to each assignment to ensure that our clients experience the best interpreting experience.
All of our interpreters adhere to a strict code of professional ethics:
- Interpreters/transliterators shall keep all assignment-related information strictly confidential.
- Interpreters/transliterators shall render the message faithfully, always conveying the content and spirit of the speaker using language most readily understood by the person(s) they serve.
- Interpreters/transliterators shall not counsel, advise or interject personal opinions.
- Interpreters/transliterators shall accept assignments using discretion with regard to skill, setting and the consumers involved.
- Interpreters/transliterators shall request compensation for services in a professional and judicious manner.
- Interpreters/transliterators shall function in a manner appropriate to the situation.
- Interpreters/transliterators shall strive to further their knowledge and skills.
- Interpreters/transliterators shall strive to maintain high professional standards in compliance with the NAD/RID Code of Ethics.