TO LEARN MORE ABOUT OUR CEO’S LIFE AS A CODA (CHILD OF A DEAF ADULT), HOW SHE SAW HER DEAF PARENTS EXPERIENCE OPPRESSION AND DISCRIMINATION, AND WHY ROYAL SIGNS WAS FOUNDED, WATCH THIS VIDEO:
The mission of Royal Signs Interpreting Agency is to tear down the communication barrier between the Deaf and Hearing and Hearing communities by:
- Providing quality interpreting and captioning services.
- Providing high quality American Sign Language instruction including Deaf culture etiquette and assisting businesses in the transitioning phases of becoming 100% Deaf friendly.
- Preparing professional interpreters who are competent, ethical, and life-long learners.
- Providing education in regards to the laws that provision sign language interpreting as well as the legal rights of the Deaf community.
Read more about our services here.
Our interpreters are state permitted or nationally certified and possess the skills and knowledge to successfully complete each interpreting assignment. We meticulously match the strengths of our interpreters to each assignment to ensure that our clients experience the best interpreting experience.
All of our interpreters adhere to a strict code of professional ethics:
- Interpreters/transliterators shall keep all assignment-related information strictly confidential.
- Interpreters/transliterators shall render the message faithfully, always conveying the content and spirit of the speaker using language most readily understood by the person(s) they serve.
- Interpreters/transliterators shall not counsel, advise or interject personal opinions.
- Interpreters/transliterators shall accept assignments using discretion with regard to skill, setting and the consumers involved.
- Interpreters/transliterators shall request compensation for services in a professional and judicious manner.
- Interpreters/transliterators shall function in a manner appropriate to the situation.
- Interpreters/transliterators shall strive to further their knowledge and skills.
- Interpreters/transliterators shall strive to maintain high professional standards in compliance with the NAD/RID Code of Ethics.
A Letter From Our Founder
I’m Priscilla McNealy. Wife, mom, member of the Alabama Army National Guard, and CEO and founder of Royal Signs Interpreting Agency. I am a CODA which means that I am a child of a Deaf adult. I was born into the Deaf world and American Sign Language is my first language. As a CODA, I saw my Deaf parents experience discrimination and oppression. I realized that the primary reason that my parents experienced this is because there was a lack of knowledge about Deaf culture.
My mission is to educate people and entities that being Deaf is not a disability, it is a lifestyle. As a result, I founded Royal Signs Interpreting Agency and I am on a mission to bridge the communication gap between the Deaf and Hearing communities.
There are over 70 million Deaf people in the world who are more than worth connecting to! Royal Signs also helps corporate brands increase their loyal customer base and their revenue by tapping into an untouched market and provide training, captioning and transcription services as well as keynote messages at events.
Royal Signs has worked with brands such as:
- The Clinton Foundation
- U.S. Department of Homeland Security
- The United States Postal Service
- Women’s CEO Alliance
- Aprill Jones Photography
- National American Miss
I also host our Interpreter Hub, Royal Signs Academy, and our Platinum Program. (See our products and services for more information.)
When I am not busy running Royal Signs Interpreting and serving our country, I enjoy traveling with my husband and four children.
Thank you for visiting our site and we look forward to serving you.
- Sign On,
- Priscilla McNealy
Companies and Brands We Have Worked With…
Disclosure and Courtesy
Royal Signs Interpreting contains paid sponsored posts and some contextual affiliate links. An affiliate link means that we receive commission on sales of the products that are linked to in our posts. If you click on a link and make a purchase from an affiliate site, then we may make a commission from that purchase. The content of our posts or pins are all items, things, and experiences that we genuinely like and will only work with affiliates that fit our aesthetic and brand.
Any products which have been gifted or provided gratis to Royal Signs Interpreting for review is noted with an italicized disclaimer or c/o (courtesy of) within the post and are only posted if a good fit for the Royal Signs Interpreting brand and aesthetic. Any sponsored giveaways or posts will be noted as such.
All layouts on this website and blog are created solely for Royal Signs Interpreting. We enjoy sharing information and love when others enjoy our finds enough to post the links on their own sites. However, we ask that you do not use our exact layouts or designs without permission or without noting its origins on your post. All photos by and for Royal Signs Interpreting must also be credited and linked to the original post.
Any comments which are deemed inappropriate – including general spam, offensive comments or rude language, self-promotional spam, or other items unrelated to the post – will be deleted.
Royal Signs Interpreting is a registered LLC. All rights reserved.